login | Register

Friends of Swampland Severely Burned in House Fire

Posted: Dec 25, 2008

Some friends of Swampland are in need of your thoughts and prayers this Christmas day.

Thirteen-year-old Connor McKemey of Rock Hill, SC, and his mother Karin were severely burned at their home last Sunday night when a blaze in an outdoor fireplace erupted out of control and caused an explosion.

Connor was in critical condition and his mother was in fair condition Monday at an Augusta, Georgia, burn hospital. His mother was burned while coming to the aid of her son.

Connor’s father George McKemey was on a flight home for Christmas leave from Iraq where is on active duty when the accident occurred. He was met at the airport in Atlanta where he was told of the accident and taken directly to the Burn Center.

It is truly a heartbreaking story, and all we ask is that you all send out positive thoughts, prayers and well wishes for this family during this tragic time. Connor remains in critical condition.

Please visit the web site that has been established to learn more and to see how you can help. God bless this family. That is my heartfelt wish for this Christmas.

-Michael Buffalo Smith

related tags

South Carolina,

Wireless from AT&T


waynep says...

Our prayers are going out tonight for the family... Oh, and Michael, your daughter is so beautiful!

outlawcountry says...

I am so sad for the family and will make a contribution to the trust fund.

Please login or you can to leave a comment.

If you aren't registered, Register Now to start leaving comments.

Copyright 1998-2018 by Swampland Inc. All rights reserved.