Well as you get up this morning and log in to Swampland.com, you may notice that the site has been completely redone. I can't tell you how excited I am to present to you this new version of Swampland. We have been working hard to prepare and complete this new application and I hope you find it easier to navigate, search and enjoy.
Let's walk through some changes.
1. There is a search bar in the top right hand of the site.
That's right, we finally added the much needed search. With 200+ articles, almost 200 reviews, as well as the many dispatches, you can now search by any term you'd like and it will return to you all of the related dispatches, articles and reviews.
It's what we call a boolean search, which means if you search for Elvis Presley it will return all results with the words Elvis or Presley, but if you search for "Elvis Presley" with the quotations, it will only return results that match the entire search term. For more on boolean searches read this . (Not a fun read, but it tells how to use this feature.)
2. Tagging. Think of tagging as you would sections in a bookstore. It basically
is a way for us to sort like minded articles, dispatches and blogs with each other. When
you click to view anything on our site, you will see a side bar with an option to click
the tag to view all related dispatches, articles and reviews. This adds another way
to find and read more of the excellent (if I do say so myself) content here on
3. We added a new section, "Merchantry" which will hold all of the business related
items on swampland.com.
4. We added news feeds to all of the sections sorted by state. Soon it will also remember which state you clicked on last, currently it will default to Alabama. It does use a technology called ajax though, to make loading quick and seemless when you want to view a different state. Each section has its own headlines, so feel free to grab some quick news related to any of our states while you're viewing the latest dispatches and articles.
5. We added a new writer. Welcome Penne Elk to the site. Her section RiverVue can
be found at the top of the site and I highly suggest checking it out. She has added an
article about the Alabama Adventure Weekend, and will be adding more soon.
6. We also made some color changes. Hopefully this will make it easier to read and enjoy the site.
Well I think that is about it. This build has taken a better part of the last couple of months for me, but I could not be happier with the results, I hope you enjoy them too. This section of the front page will be where we make all of the announcements concerning Swampland.com so check back often, there will be more content added daily and new writers are right around the corner.
Thanks for stopping by!